- Emerald City Eyebrows takes clients by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Our 303.328.5649 number is primarily for messages & your call will be returned within 24 hours.
- A 24-hour cancellation notice is required. We understand that things do come up, such as family emergencies or the flu. Please be courteous & give us a ring BEFORE your scheduled appointment.
- In the event of multiple no-shows or missed appointments, a credit card will be required when booking. Missed appointments will be charged 100% of services scheduled, at owner's discretion.
- Payment by cash or check is most appreciated, but we gladly accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and Discover.
- Gift Certificates are available for purchase. Please e-mail/call ahead to arrange local pick-up or shipping via USPS.
- Please allow adequate time for traffic & parking when booking. For quick waxing appointments there is metered parking out front on 11th Avenue as well as FREE 2-Hour parking on Acoma Street.
HAIR REMOVAL 101
- For optimum results allow 2-3 weeks of hair growth, no shaving! hair needs to be 1/4" to 1/2" in length.
- Exfoliate skin gently with spa gloves or body scrub prior to appointment.
- Avoid caffeine/alcohol which can heighten sensitivity. A pain reliever/anti inflammatory may be taken 30 minutes before to relieve discomfort.
- Avoid extreme heat (including sunbathing or saunas) 24 hours before & after your appointment, sunburnt skin CANNOT be waxed!
- You may feel more sensitive waxing just before or during your menstrual cycle, however it is perfectly safe & sanitary to do so. Personal hygiene products are provided for your convenience.
- Book your bod waxin' every 3-6 weeks with regular at-home maintenance in between. Exfoliating spa gloves & skincare are available for purchase.
- Please notify us of any sensitivities, allergies or current medications including the following: Accutane, Adapalene, Antibiotics, Alustra, Avita, Avage, Benzoyl Peroxide, Chemical Peels, chronic dryness, Clindamycin, Differin, Food or Nut Allergies, Glycolic Acids, Isotretinoin, Renova, Retin- A, Retinols, Salicylic Acids, Strivectin, Tazorac, Tretinoin...
…BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU, THAT'S WHY!
EmCity proudly uses Lycon® premium hard & strip waxes. Lycon® is the international leader in quality, low temperature wax, using only the finest natural ingredients, like Coconut Oil. Never hot & super gentle on the skin, it resists sticking, lifting or burning, which can be painfully common with generic hot waxes. Even sensitive skin types do well with Lycon® wax.
Always meticulous, efficient & surprisingly comfortable. We use both hard & soft waxes, depending on the area & type of hair. Whatever it take to get the job done…never compromising quality or integrity of the skin.